Mullion Health Volunteer car service
Mullion Health Volunteer car service are able to provide transport for patients from their home to hospital to attend a hospital appointment.
The aim of the service is to convey patients safely and in comfort to the appropriate appointment who have difficulty with transport for appointments.
If you would like further information please contact the service on
Flu clinics 2017
Scheduled Flu clinics have now been completed but if you have missed any of the sessions do please contact your surgery for an appointment for a Flu immunisation ( Flu Jab ).
You are eligible to receive a free flu jab if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma (which requires an inhaled or tablet steroid treatment, or has led to hospital admission in the past), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease, motor neurone disease or multiple sclerosis (MS)
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medication such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
Vaccination against Shingles
Patients of a certain age are eligible for a Shingles vaccination. Please see below for date of birth ranges:
2.9.42 - 1.9.46
2.9.36 - 1.9.38
Please Note: Patients who were aged 79 on 1.9.16 lose their eligibility on the day of their 80th birthday.
If you fall within the date of birth ranges and would like to be vaccinated against Shingles, please call the surgery for an appointment.
Meningitis B vaccination
If you are interested in your child having the vaccination privately, please call Jo Sugrue on 01326 242106.
There will be a charge for this vaccination and as it is not an NHS service, it cannot be done in your registered NHS surgery. To overcome this we have a reciprocal arrangement with St Keverne Surgery, but please do register your interest at Mullion Health Centre.
Any queries, please call Jo Sugrue on 01326 242106.
Meningitis ACWY Vaccination
Recently started University or starting this year?
If so you are advised to get the
Please call for an appointment.
NHS Summary Care Record
The NHS in England is introducing the Summary Care Record, which will be used in emergency care.The record will contain information about any medicines you are taking,allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines you have had, to ensure those caring for you have enough information to treat you safely.
As a patient you have a choice:
· Yes I would like a Summary Care Record – you do not need to do anything and a Summary Care Record will be created for you. Healthcare staff will ask your permission before they look at your record, except in certain circumstances for example if you are unconscious.
· No I do not want a Summary Care Record– Please visit your surgery and pick up a leaflet and opt out form. This form should be given to your GP practice. Additional copies of the opt out form can be requested from the dedicated NHS Summary Care Record Information line on 0300 123 3020.
For more information, telephone the dedicated NHS Summary Care Record Information Line on 0300 123 3020 or visit the website at www.nhscarerecords.nhs.uk where you can find information in other formats and languages.
You can choose not to have a Summary Care Record and you can change your mind at any time by informing your GP practice.